[ LUGOS ] VPN

fridolinx na email.si fridolinx na email.si
Tor Maj 15 18:22:12 CEST 2001

Najprej hvala Damirju za odgovor.

RDESKTOP je prava stvar.

Sedaj pa bi potreboval pomoc pri povezavi na VPN
server (NT).

Spodaj prilagam navodila, kateris sem se drzal, ampak
stvar ne deluje (ifconfig izpise samo eth0 in pa
loopback)

Kaj je narobe, bi moral kaj posebnega vkljucit v
jedro, pozna kdo kaksen drugacen nacin...

HVALA

Setting up the Linux PPTP 1.0.2 client (and PPP 2.3.5)
with Windows NT PPTP Server

-------------------------

About the systems
This document assumes the following:

remote machine name = orge
domain remote machine belongs to = gnoll
username on remote machine = billybob
password for billybob = bobbybill
We want to connect our local machine to the remote
machine using PPTP. The remote machine is a Windows NT
box while our local machine is a Linux box.

-------------------------

PPP chap-secrets file
Find the chap-secrets file which should be
in /etc/ppp/. This file should look like this:

# chap-secrets
# client server secret IP adresses
gnoll\\billybob orge bobbybill

-------------------------

Setting up PPP debugging
PPP debugging is handled by syslogd. To setup
debugging open syslog.conf which should be found
in /etc/ and add the following entry:

daemon.debug /var/log/pppd.log

-------------------------

Launching PPTP
The following command is issued on the linux box to
connect to the remote NT machine.

pptp orge debug name gnoll\\billybob remotename orge

-------------------------

Errors
E=691
This error occurs when you supply an incorrect
username/password to the remote NT machine. Check the
chap-secrets file and the command line where PPTP is
launched.

-------------------------

Testing

run 'ifconfig' and check that a ppp0 interface exists
find P-t-P: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx from the output of
ifconfig
run 'netstat -i' and record the RX-OK and TX-OK values
for ppp0
type 'ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'
run 'netstat -i' again and see if the values for RX
and TX increased.. if yes then it would appear to be
working ok....... in theory anyway.

http://www.email.si

Dodatne informacije o seznamu Starilist