[ LUGOS ] adaptec adp1505 RH6.1

Andrej Komelj andrej.komelj na guest.arnes.si
Pon Mar 27 18:46:57 CEST 2000

[snip]

> According to info I have the correct module for this card is
> 'aha152x.o'.

Hmmm, "module" you say...

[snip]

> - I did try to put an append line into lilo.conf
>   The line was : append="aha152x=0x340,11,7,1,1"

"Lilo" you say...

[snip]

> - I read ALL available RTFM I found on the NET,

The only fucking manual you missed is at:
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/modules.txt

LILO and kernel parameters have absolutely nothing to do with modules.

Now, how about reading another FM? Try the one in:
/usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/aha152x.c

Header, that is... (not the source code). And remember, be vewy, vewy
caweful when [you aw hunting wabits (c) Elmer Fudd] you read the part
containing:

---
 SYMBOLS FOR MODULE CONFIGURATION:

 aha152x=IOPORT,IRQ,SCSI_ID,RECONNECT,PARITY,SYNCHRONOUS,DELAY,EXT_TRANS
 configuration override of first controller
---

See? All the parameters are mandatory.

Now, try using something like:

# insmod aha152x aha152x=0x340,11,7,1,1,[3 missing parameters]

Or even:

# modprobe aha152x aha152x=0x340,11,7,1,1,[3 missing parameters]

Note the "3 missing parameters".

I hope it helps.

--
Andrej.

... Love is blind to everything except fat.

Dodatne informacije o seznamu Starilist