[ LUGOS ] adaptec adp1505 RH6.1

IgoR IgorF na ix.netcom.com
Pon Mar 27 18:13:23 CEST 2000

Najprej se bi rad opravicil vsem, ker je pismo
v nadaljevanju napisano v anglescini.   Pred nekaj dnevi
sem ga poslal na nekaj, po mojem mnenju, ustreznih
USENET grup. Zal, nisem dobil nobene pomoci.

Zelo bi bil vesel, ce bi kdo od vas imel kaksno idejo,
kaj naj naredim, da bi spravil to 'grdo' kartico k pameti.

V naprej najlepsa hvala

Igor

I would like to use my SCSI CDWR on my Linux box
( stock RH6.1  kernel 2.2.12-20 ).
For more than a week I am trying to make my SCSI card running.
I have Adaptec AHA1505A card. It is an ISA card.
It does not matter what I do , I am not able to load module
for this card.  I am always getting  the following
message:

/lib/modules/2.2.12-20/scsi/aha152x.o: init_module:
Device or resource busy

According to info I have the correct module for this card is
'aha152x.o'.

What did I try to do  'til now:

- I did try to set ALL combinations of addresses and IRQs
  using 'pnpdump' and 'isapnp'. 'isapnp' recognizes
  the card and sets IRQ. The output of the 'isapnp' is
  ADP1505/849934698[0]{SCSI Controller }:
  Port 0x340; IRQ10 --- Enabled OK
- I did try to put an append line into lilo.conf
  The line was : append="aha152x=0x340,11,7,1,1"
  Yes, I did try other combinations also. I was able
  to boot the system without any error messages,
  but 'lsmod' did not show module 'aha152x.o' loaded.
- I read ALL available RTFM I found on the NET,
- I read SCSI-HOWTO
- I read a lot of messages related to the 1505 on deja.com

BUT

I am still 'lost'...  I am not able to load that SCSI module..

Any hint, link, advice, URL, pointer is more than welcome

Thanks

Igor

Dodatne informacije o seznamu Starilist