[ LUGOS ] [Fwd: aiwtv 0.11] Za uporabnike ATI TV Tunerjev

andy andy na x0.org
Tor Jan 26 19:08:22 CET 1999

Aiwtv version 0.11 is now available in
http://www.uni-c.dtu.dk/~univind/aiwtv/.

New features:

* Channel scanner.

* Seperate memory mapping of framebuffer and register apertures.

* All configurable parameters put into /usr/local/lib/aiwtv.conf.
  It is no longer necessary to recompile to change
  e.g. framebuffer or register aperture address.
  Also, it shouldn't be necessary to change anything in the xtv script.

* Better support for 8bpp PseudoColor.

* aiwtoppm optimized (about 3 times faster).

* New program: aiwtogif - convert YUV capture to GIF format
  (uses less diskspace, but more CPU to do the conversion).

Check the README and the comments in
aiwtv.conf.sample on how to install and use.

Support for sound on newer cards (with stereo sound and audio
processor):
I need some input from people with such cards:

* The audio processor type.

* The I2C traffic to/from I2C unit 0x82 (the
  audio processor) during ATIPLAY startup.

* The I2C traffic when muting/unmuting the sound.

Support for NTSC: I need input from people with NTSC tuners:

* The I2C address of the tuner.
  If it's the same as the PAL tuner (0xC0, 0xC2, 0xC4 or 0xC6,
  depending on the voltage on a pin on the tuner module),
  there's a good chance the programming is identical.

* The I2C traffic when switching channels in ATIPLAY.

* The tuner model number.
  Docs would of course be best, and with the model number, I might be
  able to get the docs from other members of the XFree86 devel team.

* Info on NTSC channel frequencies:
  Minimum and maximum frequency and frequency bands (the programming
  depends on the frequency band, see bandselect[] in aiwtv.c).
  PAL is divided into 3 bands:
     48.25 to 170.00 (VHF)
    170.00 to 450.00 (VHF)
    450.00 to 855.25 (UHF).