Slovenian Localizations for Mozilla

Aleks Reinhardt aleks.reinhardt at pivot.si
Sat Jan 10 11:30:10 CET 2004

Dear Mr Martel,

We are delighted that you are looking into distributing Mozilla with a
Slovene localisation.

I should hope the following answers your questions:

1. The latest release with our Slovene locale is Mozilla 1.6beta
(alongside Mozilla Firebird 0.7 and Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5). We
normally release a language pack within a few hours following a Mozilla
release.
One may find all our language packs on our website:
http://mozilla.lugos.si/index.php?centre=archive

2. The graphical user interface (comprising Navigator, Mail-News and
Composer) is 100 % localised. Our ChatZilla, Venkman and Inspector
localisations are somewhat out-of-date and are not included with our
language packs.

3. The on-line help is, sadly, not localised, for we feel that it is a
seldom case where users of browsers might need it at all. We provide a
localised Mozilla Firebird Help and the Mozilla Start page, however,
which should be enough for the average user. In addition, Slovene users
have access to a mailing list, and a web forum for questions is forthcoming.

Another thing to add: Slovene (or, indeed, Slovenian) is a Central
European language. Slovenia is practically in the centre of Europe
geographically, and belongs to it politically as well.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,
Aleks Reinhardt

Jean-Francois Martel pravi: