[LUGOS] ide performace

Uroš Golja goljau at comcom.si
Thu Dec 11 09:00:18 CET 2003

RAID imaš? Potem druga opcija sploh ne pride v poštev. Citat iz
Software-RAID-HOWTO (velja tudi za hardware IDE RAID!):

"It is *very* important, that you only use *one* IDE disk per IDE bus.
Not only would two disks ruin the performance, but the failure of a disk
often guarantees the failure of the bus, and therefore the failure of
all disks on that bus. In a fault-tolerant RAID setup (RAID levels
1,4,5), the failure of one disk can be handled, but the failure of two
disks (the two disks on the bus that fails due to the failure of the one
disk) will render the array unusable. Also, when the master drive on a
bus fails, the slave or the IDE controller may get awfully confused. One
bus, one drive, that's the rule."

Mislim, da to pove vse. Preswitchaj vsak disk na svoje vodilo in cdrw
zapni kot slave na 2. IDE kanal.

LP,
Uroš