[Fwd: [suse-announce] UnitedLinux 1.0 Open Beta Available]

Fredi Najzar fredi.najzar at siol.net
Wed Sep 25 21:48:31 CEST 2002

  Mogoče koga zanima

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [suse-announce] UnitedLinux 1.0 Open Beta Available
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:14:28 +0200 (CEST)
From: Christian Egle <ce at suse.de>
To: <suse-announce at suse.com>

Dear Linux Enthusiast!

The UnitedLinux 1.0 open beta source code is available for download at
no charge from http://download.unitedlinux.com

The UnitedLinux operating system is the result of an industry initiative
to streamline Linux development and certification around a global, uniform
distribution of Linux designed for the business user. UnitedLinux
will leverage the collective resources of the founding companies, with the
end result designed to provide an unprecedented Linux business
infrastructure and product.

We have seen over 3000 registrations for the UnitedLinux public beta
in the first 6 hours! This underlines the tremendous interest that exists
for UnitedLinux. As a consequence we set a limit of 400 concurrent
downloads, otherwise it would take too long per person. In addition to
that we expanded the bandwidth from 40 MBit to 100 MBit this morning
and work on further expandation of this bandwidth.

Thanks for your patience and have a lot of fun with UnitedLinux 1.0
Open Beta!

For further information, please visit www.unitedlinux.com or contact
UnitedLinux:

UnitedLinux