[ LUGOS ] KDE 2.0 za RedHat

Roman Maurer roman.maurer na hermes.si
Pon Nov 6 10:20:58 CET 2000

Roman Maurer wrote:

> Tule je zrcalo: http://fo.lugos.si/MIRROR/www.is.kde.org/dl/

Ker vidim, da ste kar navalili, še kratko pojasnilo: sam jih nisem
preskusil ne na 6.2, ne na 7, avtor pa pravi takole.
--
	Pozdrav,
	  Roman

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: i18n on redhat 7
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 23:19:00 +0000
From: Bjarni Runar Einarsson <bre na netverjar.is>
To: kde-i18n-doc na max.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de

On 2000-11-05, 18:23:28 (-0500), Erik K. Pedersen wrote:
> Are there rpm's for i18n for redhat 7. On the official site there are src
> rpm's, but they don't work. I suppose the mandrake rpm's would work, but I
> would prefer official redhat rpm's.

If the answer is "no" (which I think it is), people might be interested in
copying the rpms I built, which are here:

    <URL namenoma pobrisan na avtorjevo željo, pa saj ga lahko uganete
     iz naslova zrcala>

They should work fine with RedHat 7, since they are built from the RedHat 7
.src.rpm file as released by RedHat themselves.

I suppose the cat is out of the bag by posting that URL to this list - yes,
those are RPM packages I built for RedHat 6.2.  Please don't slashdot the
machine (don't forward this message to any other lists or news sites), and
please, create a mirror and tell your friends about that instead.  I offered
to these to the KDE team a couple of weeks ago, but they were happy to wait
for RedHat to release their own...

Btw: I make no guarantees about stability (or anything else, for that
matter).  I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong (frankly, I doubt it),
but KDE 2.0 as installed from those packages isn't as stable as I would
like.

> I must say redhat makes it more difficult to use kde than other distributions.

Agreed... :-/

--
 bre na netverjar.is              -><-             http://bre.klaki.net/

Netverjar gegn ruslpósti: http://www.netverjar.is/baratta/ruslpostur/