[ LUGOS ] ATI-TV Tuner

LEGO Andy andy na x0.org
Pon Feb 1 15:21:50 CET 1999

aiwtv 0.20:

* Found an X11 programming book, so no more
  perl/Tk code, just "straight" Xlib programming.

* Preliminary NTSC, SECAM and non-BG PAL support.
  I didn't get time to check all the Bt829 video
  timing registers, so some of them are *wrong*.
  The important registers, such as clock
  crystal and format select should be OK.
  Someone has posted working SECAM values,
  I'll put them into the next version.
  Selection of capture buffer sizes and all
  programming of the Rage chip should be 100% OK.

  Check the 'format' setting in aiwtv.conf.

  The Bt829 also supports automatic video format detection,
  but *both* clock crystals must be present for that feature to work,
  and most cards only have either the PAL or the NTSC crystal.

* The README is a bit out of date wrt. the control
  of volume, brightness, contrast, saturation and hue:

  Right and left cursor arrows are sound up/down by 10% (as before).

  Up and down arrows now controls either volume (default),
  brightness, contrast, saturation or hue: Up or down by 1%.

  Commands v, b, c, s and h switches between these - I'll
  leave it up to the reader to figure out which is which ;-)

  Pressing v, b, c, s or h while in that
  mode returns that setting to default.

To upgrade from earlier versions:
Install 0.20, and remove the xtv script,
it's *history* - aiwtv is now the main program.

The config file is now parsed in C code,
not perl, so the format is totally different.
The channel list format is the same, though.

Someone has noted that some of the Bt829 values I use (e.g.
htotal) are different from the values in the Bt829A docs.
This is correct: Without the changes, I wasn't able
to get the same picture for various capture sizes.

Ups... pozabil sem kje se file nahaja.
Daj poglej stare maile.
Mislim da je tule: http://www.uni-c.dtu.dk/~univind/aiwtv/

E-MAIL: andy na x0.org URL: http://andy.x0.org TEL: 301 725 5724 ICQ: