[ LUGOS ] very nice short interview

Igor IgorF na ix.netcom.com
Pon Dec 6 21:23:14 CET 1999

    Q: What did you think about U.S. District
 Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson's findings
that Microsoft is a monopoly?

LINUS TORVALDS: I was actually surprised by
the findings of fact. I mean I was surprised
by just the length of it and I was also
surprised by the fact that it was very
readable English. It's actually worth reading!
The single biggest positive thing I've seen
is that people are . . .aware of the fact that
Bill Gates may be the richest man on the
Earth, but it's not really the American Dream.

Before the lawsuit started, a lot of people
in the technical sector were upset about
Microsoft, but your average person on the
street didn't know and didn't care, not
because they condoned bad business practices,
but because they just weren't aware
of alternatives. <-------------

It's been great PR for Linux. I don't like
Microsoft's way of doing business. It's not
that they're evil; it's just what happens when
you grow big.

the whole story here
http://www.latimes.com/business/19991206/t000111186.html

Dodatne informacije o seznamu Starilist