Fwd: Unreal Tournament @ Voodoo3

Ziga Dolhar ziga.dolhar at amis.net
Tue May 15 11:01:00 CEST 2001

Hmm... sem se odlocil, da se tukajle povprasam po tejle zadevici... Upam, da
sem prilozil dovolj podatkov.

Greetings.

I've downloaded the LOKI installer for Unreal Tournament and successfully
installed it. Now when I try to run "ut" from konsole, it reports this error:

   Opening SDL viewport.
   Failed to load 'GlideDrv': Can't find file for package 'GlideDrv'
   Failed to load 'Class GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice': Can't find file for
package 'GlideDrv'
   Can't find file for package 'GlideDrv'
   Can't find file for package 'GlideDrv'
   Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]
   Aborting.
   Exiting.
   Name subsystem shut down
   Allocation checking disabled
   Segmentation fault
   dolharz at linux:~ >

My unrealtournament.ini file relates to Glide driver as stated in UT
installer's readme file:

   [Engine.Engine]
   GameRenderDevice=GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice
   WindowedRenderDevice=GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice
   RenderDevice=GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice

What is the problem? I've been experiencing some problems before, but I found
out about the 3Ddiag utility. I did everything it said [packages...] and now
it reports no errors, here's the output:

Verifying 3D configuration based on XFree86 4 for 3D board
"3Dfx Interactive, Inc. 3Dfx Voodoo3 (121a at 0005)":

Tests for package "xf86_glx":
  package ... done.
  package files ... done.
  Symbolic Links ... done.
Tests for package "glidedri":
  package ... done.
  package files ... done.
  Symbolic Links ... done.

Test for correct XFree86 version ... done.

Tests for XFree86 configuration:
  Config File /etc/X11/XF86Config ... done.
  Driver ... done.
  Color Depth ... done.
  Extensions ... done.
  Options ... done.