prosim, fwd na lugos listo, ker mi zavrača maile

Martin Srebotnjak miles at filmsi.net
Mon May 24 23:25:56 CEST 2004

Hello,

I do not believe that you do not have support for it! Slovenian is mostly coded in Win-1250 or ISO-8859-2. The difference as far as the representation of characters that appear in Slovenian text is only in 3 official specific letters (蚞ȊŽ) that have different codes so basically the text should display anyway! I can translate one codepage that you have to another if you want, but usually it should work, only those characters would be displayed incorrectly. Slovenian is not supported by any other codepage, only by UTF-8 of course.

I am forwarding this to the Lugos - Slovenian linux user group members, they have more experience in internationalization of linux and other open source projects (Oo.o) and are mostly coders so they can jump into the discussion. The following instruction is for them: Dragi prijatelji, pri prevodu vmesnika za klepetalni program Gaim se je zapletlo, saj prevod zdaj imajo, vendar se v buildu ne zbuilda direktorij sl (kot so ga nastavili; bi morala biti nastavitev za jezik sl_SI?). Malo jih je potrebno usmeriti glede kodnih strani, povprašati, kak prevajalnik in podobno. Najbrž pa bi bilo dobro, če bi z njimi kontaktiral le eden, ki to področje dobro pozna, in ne vsi člani seznama, da ne izgubijo volje in se nehajo ukvarjati s slovenskim prevodom. Pišite jim na: lschiere at users.sf.net (Luke Shierer) Zdaj pa nazaj v angleščino.

It probably also depends what compiler you are using etc. But if Slovak, Czech, Croatian, Polish and/or Serbian Latin translations work, it should work also with Slovenian (we all use same Central European codepages)!

Thanks for trying, I hope we find a solution and that Slovenian is soon one of the supported languages in Gaim!

miles.

Luke Schierer pravi: