clamd in daemontools ([run <defunct>] error)

Andrej T. andrej at rikom.si
Tue Jan 27 12:17:13 CET 2004

Pozdrav,

To sem sicer poslal ze avtorju HowTo-ja pa mogoce bo znal se kdo tu
pomagat :

Hello Jesse,

I have set up clamd with qmail and daemontools following your HOWTO at
http://clamav.elektrapro.com/doc/clamd_supervised/clamd-daemontools-guide.txt.
Clamd get's started and is working, but if I do "ps afx" on the system I
allways see a line like this :

5302 ?        S      0:00  |   \_ supervise clamd
23998 ?        Z      0:00  |   |   \_ [run <defunct>]  <-- ??

I guess there is a problem with the script
/usr/local/clamav/supervise/clamd/run, but I don't know how to solve it.
Also the command "clamdctl stat" shows that clamd is up only 0 or 1sec :

[root at linux clamd]# clamdctl stat
/service/clamd: up (pid 24576) 0 seconds
/service/clamd/log: up (pid 5308) 2164 seconds
[root at linux clamd]#

How to solve the problems?

Ze vnaprej hvala za pomoc in lep pozdrav,

	Andrej.