[LUGOS] mysql replication

Jure Pecar pegasus at telemach.net
Fri Mar 29 01:20:29 CET 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 01:05:35 +0100
"Grega" <grega at britva.eu.org> wrote:

> zivjo!
>
> zanima me, ce ima kdo reseno bi-directional mysql replikacijo. se
> pravi, da dva serverja eden drugega updatata.

hm? nazadnje ko sem gledal bi to moralo delovati v zadnjih verzijah
3.23.4x in v 4.0.

iz mysql manuala, 4.10.4:

Starting in Version 3.23.26, it is safe to connect servers in a circular
master-slave relationship with log- slave-updates enabled.
Note, however, that many queries will not work right in this kind of
setup unless your client code is written to take care of the potential
problems that can happen from updates that occur in different sequence
on different servers.

This means that you can do a setup like the following:

A -> B -> C -> A

This setup will only works if you only do non conflicting updates
between the tables.  In other words, if you insert data in A and C, you
should never insert a row in A that may have a conflicting key with a
row insert in C.  You should also not update the sam rows on two servers
if the order in which the updates are applied matters.

Note that the log format has changed in Version 3.23.26 so that
pre- 3.23.26 slaves will not be able to read it.

--

Pegasus

Unfortunatly, SMTP email is anything but a small set of problems.  Quite
the opposite: it's a tarpit of bureaucratic standards committees,
arrogant implementors, impatient administrators and whiny end-users.