[LUGOS] ADSL?

Saso Tavcar Saso.Tavcar at select-tech.si
Mon Mar 25 14:27:03 CET 2002

Napisal si :
>> Kak1en protokol uporablja telekom pri nas za ADSL?
>Uporablja PPPoE, za dostop sem preko RH7.1 in RH7.2 namestil rp-pppoe.rpm

Ce imas RH 7.x oz. kaj podobnega je najboljse, ce ruknes dol "originalen"
rp-pppoe paket in instaliras novo verizjo le tega, kot svetuje njegov avtor
(http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe):

If you are using a version of rp-pppoe which came with a Linux distribution
(Red Hat, Mandrake, etc.), please try the version on this Web site first.
I have had many reports of broken rp-pppoe packages in various Linux
distributions. Specifically, Red Hat distributes a particularly butchered
version of rp-pppoe which is very difficult to use without graphical tools.
This is really bad; you must have a way to set up networking without using
GUI configuration tools. I don't mean to disparage Red Hat (I use it myself),
but they really should not have modified rp-pppoe in the way they did.

Pozdrav,
saso