[ LUGOS ] ide kontroler

Matija Grabnar matija.grabnar at arnes.si
Tue Jul 17 10:24:50 CEST 2001

> Tukaj bi prosil za pomoc. Mogoce bi lahko stvar resil s podajo ustreznih
> parametrov pri bootu. I/O Range kontrolerja je CC00 za ide2, D400 za ide3.
> Kako lahko te vrednosti pretvorim v ustrezne parametre ?
Iz http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Ultra-DMA-5.html

If we can access the console with the installation disk, we can also
use "cat /proc/pci" to display the

Promise interface settings:
     RAID bus interface: Promise Technology Unknown device (rev 1).
      Vendor id=105a. Device id=4d33.
      Medium devsel.  IRQ 12.  Master Capable.  Latency=32.
      I/O at 0xe000.   (a)
      I/O at 0xd804.   (b)
      I/O at 0xd400.   (c)
      I/O at 0xd004.   (d)
      I/O at 0xc800.   (e)

and pass "ide2=a,b+2 ide3=c,d+2" as a command line parameter to the kernel.
Note that the numbers probably are not the same as what you will have.
Just as an example, the parameters to use for the above set of numbers
would be ``ide2=0xe000,0xd806 ide3=0xd400,0xd006''.
If you are only using the first channel on the Ultra33 (for
instance, if you only have one drive, or two if they are master and slave on
the same channel), then you won't need to specify ide3.