[ LUGOS ] 2.4

Matej Spiller Matej.Spiller at guest.arnes.si
Thu Dec 28 15:30:30 CET 2000

V 2.4 je vse to malo drugace. Preberi si nag (Linux Network Administrators
Guide) pod Configuring the Kernel for IP Masquerade. Tam pise (izsek):
To use the IP masquerade facility, your kernel must be compiled with
masquerade support. You must select the following options when configuring a
2.2 series kernel: Networking options  --->
	[*] Network firewalls
	[*] TCP/IP networking
	[*] IP: firewalling
	[*] IP: masquerading
	--- Protocol-specific masquerading support will be built as modules.
	[*] IP: ipautofw masq support
	[*] IP: ICMP masquerading

Note that some of the masquerade support is available only as a kernel
module. This means that you must ensure that you "make modules" in addition
to the usual "make zImage" when building your kernel.

The 2.4 series kernels no longer offer IP masquerade support as a kernel
compile time option. Instead, you should select the network packet filtering
option: Networking options  --->
    [M] Network packet filtering (replaces ipchains)