[LUGOS-BLA] [Fwd: Red Hat Linux end-of-life update and transition planning]

Andraz Sraka a at aufbix.org
Tue Nov 4 23:15:23 CET 2003

re

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 22:07, Jure Pečar wrote:

> btw, nej nekdo se debian n00bu razlozi, kter je bolj unstable tree: testing
> al unstable? torej, kaj je tist naslednje mogoce uporabno nad stable?

[a qoute from debian-user]
..
server: I'd go with stable

desktop: I'd go with unstable (that's what I use)

testing, unless it changed dramatically, is not for people to use
(not sure what it is for (I know what it is claimed to be for but in
reality it does not work that way at all)). perhaps less bugs get to
testing than to unstable but they also take longer (sometime a lot
longer) to fix... in the end you get the worst of both worlds

unstable is generally very stable, there are some problems when big
changes are being made (major gcc, X, kde, gnome upgrades etc.). If
something breaks it is usually fixed fairly soon.
..

[end of quote]

In ja se dejansko strinjam. Jaz laufam vse serverje stable; domaco
masino pa unstable in se ne morem nic pritozevat, da karkoli ne bi bilo
dovolj stable. V sluzbi imam testing (sarge) zavoljo eksperimentiranja
vseh treh in pricakujem, da bo zdaj v teh zadnjih mesecih ko je se
testing zacel zajebavat.

lp,
 Andraz

--