[LUGOS-BLA] rms

Blux blux at gmx.net
Tue Dec 25 19:52:57 CET 2001

From: RMS at MIT-OZ@mit-eddie.UUCP (Richard Stallman)
Newsgroups: net.unix-wizards,net.usoft
Subject: New UNIX not worth the effort
Date: Tue, 30-Mar-84 02:22:01 EDT

More (44%) [qpbns?]

After four months of toiling away at trying to create a free version of UNIX
I've decided it's not worth the effort. Ideological purity is all well and
good but there's no money in academia anymore. I've been approached by a
newish company based out west who say they appreciate what I'm doing and
would
like to help me to concentrate my talents in managing their open operating
system project.

This will be the last post from me at MIT. I'll keep in touch with the
community about how the new project is going. I'm very excited. They're a
young team, committed to embracing all that's good about open software and
extending it to the marketplace. I'm on the 6am flight to Redmond,
Washington.

I'll post my contact details when I know what they are.

rms

---
/* We now know your DNA. Reading your mind is on our "todo" list. */
/* blux at gmx.net blux#IRCNet IcqUIN:100247363  */